- Caritas Award Ceremony Tickets
- Day for Teachers of R.E.
- Vacancy for Secondary Depute Head Teacher
- Primary Head Teacher Vacancies
- Junior Caritas Award
- Caritas Award Ceremony Sunday 2nd June 2013
- Catholic Head Teachers meet Child 31
- Caritas Award Results
- Liturgical Calendar Wallchart 2013-14
- Launch of St Andrew's Foundation
- Teaching Vacancies in Dundee
- 4 Primary Head Teacher Vacancies
- 3 Teaching Vacancies - St David's PS, Dalkeith
- Caritas Award Update 15th April 2013
- Glasgow Caritas Gathering Point
- Planning for Assessment in Religious Education
- Holy Week Resources
- CARITAS AWARD UPDATE 19th March 2013
- Pope Francis: resources for exploring the start of a Papacy
- Habemus Papam: Resources for schools
Virtual worlds threaten 'values'
- Categorized in: SCES News
BBC News reports Lord Puttnam's view that the growing number of toy-themed virtual worlds aimed at young people risks undermining the basic human values we wish to instill in children.
Lord Puttnam was speaking at the opening of a London conference devoted to discussing virtual worlds. He feared that all children will learn from these virtual spaces is that they are first and foremost consumers. He urged creators to build more moral virtual worlds that instill children with the values societies need.
Listen to a podcast of Lord Putnam's speech.
Email to Friend
Fill in the form below to send this news item to a friend: